Some people have called Actif Epica a “do it yourself” festival, because it is truly made up of events and attractions created by participants.
The co-event model of Actif Epica means that anyone can create a small (or large) event that is promoted as part of the celebration. We may even be able to assist you with your event planning, registration, recruiting participants, a warm-up/meeting spot or by matching you with like-minded partners interested in collaborating.
Examples of co-actif events could be:
- Challenging your neighbours to a snow sculpture building activity
- A curling spiel, hockey tournament or ski loppet
- Getting your local running friends together for a jog (perhaps meeting up at one of Actif Epica festival sites to cheer on the ultramarathon racers for a few minutes)
- Planning a community walk for your school, church or service group
- Hosting a talk on winter birds, astronomy or doing some winter-themed storytelling
- Kiteboarding, skijoring, speedskating – or all three (like a triathlon, not all three at the same time…)
For 2013, we’re excited to promote these already registered co-actif events:
- Niverville Winter Family Fun Day
- Festival du Voyageur
- St. Malo – events at the arena – details coming!
- Peg City Trials cycling demo
- Ice it to Work Day @ the Forks
- Winter Bike to Work Day
- Jack Frost Challenge hosted by Green Action Centre
You can find the complete listing of events here– and we’d love to see your event cross promoted as part of Actif Epica 2013. If you’ve got a winter active living event planned for February 16/17, or would like to plan something – please drop us a line and let us know!