“Falling flakes make us happy, so we’re throwing a party to welcome winter. Come join us for a flurry of activities and connect with your local outdoor community.
- Meet local clubs
- Check out the latest snowsports gear
- Find deals at the MEC Winter Gear Swap from 12pm-3pm.
- Learn new skills at clinics like winter running & cycling, winter adventure safety and skijoring.
- Make your very own Outsiders beard and other fun crafts at the kids table!
- Enjoy free hot cocoa, coffee, cookies and free vendor samples from Lara Bar, Taste of Nature and more
- Many of the clubs joining us will have a draw prize at their table. Be sure to stop in and speak with all of them to learn more about staying active outdoors this winter”
We’ve taken part the past two years also, and can tell you it’s a great event for people like us, who like having fun outside, no matter the weather. There are a tonne of great workshops and opportunities to connect with people and activities that you may want to give a try.
There will be several workshops, throughout the day, including two from our very own Ian Hall about Winter Adventure/Ultra Running and Cycling at 1pm and 3pm. We’ll have course maps, equipment and good information available. Please stop by and say hello.
We might even coax the ManiYeti out of hiding for a visit, though he’s not a big fan of indoor spaces, or warm temperatures.
It all takes place at MEC (303 Portage Avenue) from 10:00 am to 05:00 pm, and it won’t cost you a dime—unless, of course, you wind up finding something in the store you really like.